CNC stands for Computer Numerical Control, a machine / appliance used for manufacturing processes, where the controller uses a computer.
Why is it called CNC Machining Center?
CNC Machining Center is one type of CNC that is widely used in the manufacturing process, said the Machining Center because this one machine can do any machining process. For example the process of drilling, milling, boring, tapping and others.
There are 2 (two) kinds of Machining, namely:
- Vertical Machining Center. which is the direction of the process from top to bottom.
- Horizontal Machining Center. which is the horizontal direction, can go forward or backward depending on the design of the machine and the program.
Advantage of CNC:
- Productivity increases
- Greater accuracy and repeatability
- Decrease the remaining rate
- The measurement of the workpiece is more complicated
- Changes in design can be examined more thoroughly
- Simple equipment is still needed
- Shorter initial manufacturing time
- Can reduce components that are in inventory
- Less need of floorspace
- The skill level required by the operator is reduced
For more information about CNC Machining Malaysia, please visit https://stx.com.my/